If you can take a design from conception to completion, this might be the job for you!
We're searching for a highly motivated and driven Front End Developer to join our team in Virginia Beach, VA. Join us to help develop, enhance, and maintain internal and external facing products of a growing leader in the hosting industry! Our Web Development department has a very team focused culture. You would be constantly growing and sharing knowledge with other talented individuals in a supportive and fun environment.
InMotion Hosting, Inc. is one of the nation's fastest growing web hosting companies with offices in Denver, CO, Los Angeles, CA, and Virginia Beach, VA. We are employee owned and provide shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting, along with web design and system administration services.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, maintain, and participate in peer review/testing of product themes, specifically BoldGrid.
- Connect with stakeholders to gather specifications for web assignments and projects.
- Writes or revises code documentation, operations documentation and user guides in accordance with standards.
- Participate in code reviews and site tests in staged and live environments to ensure adherence to standards and specifications.
- Research problems, separate the symptoms from the actual cause, and identify opportunities to correct the situations.
- Document testing and training results. Analyze areas of improvement and revise assigned programs and/or procedures as necessary.
- Responds to infrequent emergency requests outside of normal office hours.
- Produces reliable, testable coding using a disciplined development approach.
- Lead small to medium size projects.
What You'll Get:
- A fun, relaxed working environment with a casual dress code (jeans ok).
- Profit Sharing twice yearly based on performance and hire date.
- Free weekly snacks and free lunch on Tuesdays.
- The opportunity to work with some of the best team members in the world.
Ideal Candidates Have:
- 3-5 years of experience in a production focused website development department
- The ability to write clean semantic code
- Advanced experience with Wordpress
- Familiarity with Jira, agile development and story points
- Experience with design tools such as Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Working knowledge of cross browser compatability
- Experience with PHP and MySQL
The below is optional but can help make you a top candidate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience working with a team across multiple time zones
A few more things:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K plans.
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays.
- Wear Jeans Everyday.
- Awesome Company Parties and Onsite Events.
- A free VPS.
Learn more about what it is like working at InMotion and yes, we have the best parties in town. You can check out our products here.