Do you have experience leading a strong creative technical team?
Are you an expert when it comes to network storage, automated deployments, and system design?
Would you enjoy working at a growing company with free food and awesome parties?
If so, then we would love to speak with you. InMotion Hosting is going through major growth of almost all departments including our Systems Team. We just opened our third office and want YOU to join us at our Virginia Beach, VA location. You will have oversight of our Linux Systems Engineering team and engineering projects here at InMotion, directly contributing to the company’s success.
The Linux Systems Administration Manager must be analytical, have a strong engineering background, have successfully led other system administration teams, and be passionate about hosting as a product. We are looking for someone who is driven by the desire to build something better than the competition.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team that will research and develop solutions and products for a growing web hosting company.
- Oversee and lead major engineering projects from conception to delivery while maintaining quality and security standards.
- Use configuration management tools (like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef) to facilitate deployment and task automation
- Provide feedback related to regular operations and system performance to team members and management.
- Develop network storage solutions using software like Ceph, Gluster, and Virtuozzo.
- Collaborate with development, system administration, and systems architecture teams as well as senior management.
- Mentor and develop staff members within the engineering team.
- Provide direction, support, and training on new solutions originating from the engineering group.
- Participate and lead in project planning efforts, including producing project plans and coordinating with internal or external customers on the deadlines for deliverable items.
- Research and develop relationships with vendors in support of company projects.
What You’ll Get:
- A fun, relaxed working environment with a casual dress code (jeans ok).
- Profit Sharing twice yearly based on performance and hire date.
- Free weekly snacks and free lunch on Tuesdays.
- The opportunity to work with an established and growing company comprised of awesome people.
Ideal Candidates Have:
- 8+ years as a System Administrator in a Linux Environment.
- 3+ years leading development projects.
- Proven team management including leading system engineers during new platform creation.
- Experience with Virtuozzo/OpenVZ.
- Experience with Ansible (preferred), Puppet, and/or Chef.
- Network Storage of various approaches including background in:
- Hardware vendors like NetApp/EMC
- Software solutions like Ceph/Gluster
- Large scale (100+TB) storage systems with different levels of performance/cost
- Transport like iSCSI, Fiber Channel, including appropriate server and network hardware
- Automated Deployments/Management Systems of various approaches:
- Virtualization of various types, Container and VM
- Configuration Management for large scale standard deployments
- Self-created automation using shell scripts, Python, Perl, or other backend programming – in a formal environment using versioning control and deployment staging
- System Design Background including:
- High Availability for a large number of virtual machines (1000+ VMs or Containers)
- Automated performance leveling/multiple performance levels
The below is optional but can help make you a top candidate:
- 6+ years in the environments/technologies listed above.
- Bachelor's degree or above in IT related field.
- Creating well documented standards and working with operational teams to implement and maintain standards.
- Experience designing for particular performance for services typically found in a web hosting environment.
- Strong understanding of files systems and storage approaches.
A few more things:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K plans.
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays.
- Wear Jeans Everyday.
- Awesome Company Parties and Onsite Events.
- Profit Sharing twice a year.
Learn more about what it is like working at InMotion and yes, we have the best parties in town. You can also check out our products here.