InMotion Hosting, Inc. is one of the nation's fastest growing website hosting companies and we've achieved double-digit annual growth for 5 consecutive years. We are expanding our Virginia Beach Development Team and looking for a Junior PHP Developer to help us develop our next generation of products.
As part of the InMotion development team, you will work on an agile, interactive team in a relaxed environment where we focus on thrilling the customer while remembering to have fun. You will take part in quarterly team outings and occasional Nerf wars while working with a group of developers that strive to challenge and improve themselves and their code.
If you are looking for a position where you will have freedom to help make a difference, this is the career for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Write high quality, structured application/interface code and documentation in accordance with department standards.
- Participate in the definition of functional and technical requirements for application software to develop skills and knowledge.
- Work side by side with the end user/internal customer to develop, debug, and test application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results.
- Work on cross-functional agile project teams to develop new functionality and applications.
- Working hand-in-hand with other development team members to review and test one another's code to ensure the software meets our high quality standards and operates efficiently and as requested.
What You’ll Get:
- A fun, relaxed working environment with a casual dress code (jeans ok).
- Profit Sharing twice yearly based on performance and hire date.
- Free weekly snacks and free lunch on Tuesdays.
- The opportunity to work with an established and growing company comprised of awesome people.
Ideal Candidates Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or 3-4 years equivalent experience
- A passion for the Linux, Apache, MySQL, & PHP (LAMP) development stack or other web programming languages. 2+ years experience required.
- 2+ years experience designing, querying, and updating databases in MySQL. Experience using Perl and/or Python is a plus.
- Advanced understanding of object oriented principles
- Talent for building user interfaces using JS/JQuery/HTML/CSS. Experience with AJAX a plus.
The below is optional but can help make you a top candidate:
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for logic and design.
- Experience developing automated customer processes and systems
- Experience with project management.
- Basic knowledge of the Linux/Unix command line.
- Experience with web hosting and hosting technologies.
- Experience with MVC frameworks, specifically Zend Framework.
- Background in refactoring/verifying systems through automated testing, and test-driven development in large scale systems.
A few more things:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Disability, Life Insurance and 401k plans
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Wear Jeans Everyday
- Awesome Company Parties and Onsite Events
- A free VPS
Learn more about what it is like working at InMotion and yes, we have the best parties in town. You can also check out our products here.